Re:Create 2021 business support programme will help 50 artists, makers, and creative businesses in Wandsworth to be bold in their business plans by providing tailored, one-to-one support and networking events.
Re:Create 2021 is a new programme designed by Creative United, and delivered in partnership with Wandsworth Council and Hive Collective. It will provide free, specialist 1:1 business support for 50 artists, makers and creative businesses in the borough, plus 3 connection-making, informative and engaging networking events open to all. Given current COVID-19 restrictions, the programme will be delivered online.
Applications are now open
Applications will close on Sunday 28th February 2021.
More information on the programme and eligibility criteria can be found below.
What kind of support will be offered to successful applicants?
50 artists, makers and creative businesses in Wandsworth will receive 3 hours of free one-to-one advice and support from a business advisor working within the arts or creative industries.
3 Skills & Networking Events will provide opportunities for participants to hear from inspirational sector leaders, connect and network with each other and find those crucial partnerships and collaborations for 2021 and beyond.
Those who join the programme can expect to gain:
- a better understanding of creating a business plan, marketing plan, or cash flow forecast;
- a better understanding of setting business and professional goals;
- increased confidence and skills, particularly in response to:
- post-COVID planning
- improved business viability/sustainability
- increased earnings/business income
- improved connectivity to creative/local networks and new collaborations or partnerships
Who is this programme for?
Re:Create 2021 is open to creative freelancers, artists and businesses from the diversity of Wandsworth’s communities. To be eligible, you must be:
Based in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- If you are an artist, maker or creative freelancer, you must be based in Wandsworth but your clients may be elsewhere.
- If you are applying on behalf of a business or organisation, your business or organisation can be based in Wandsworth but you live elsewhere
A micro-, small- or medium-sized business, sole trader, freelancer or not-or-profit organisation operating in the cultural sector or creative industries.
- Festivals and events (but must have arts or cultural programming)
- Film, video, radio or TV
- Performing arts (theatre, opera, comedy, spoken word etc.)
- Publishing and literature
- Visual arts and photography (including artists)
When will the programme take place?
The programme will start from March 2021, and complete early June 2021.
The one-to-one business advice sessions and networking events will take place in this period.
Skills & Networking Events
Skills & Networking events are open to everyone and not just successful applicants, these will take place on:
- Thursday 11 March
- Thursday 22 April
- Thursday 3 June
All events will be online.
How will you decide which artists, makers and creative businesses to support on the programme?
From the applications we receive we will look at your need for business support or the extent of the current challenges being faced – therefore it helps if the you describe clearly your current issues, or areas where you need help developing business skills or confidence.
We are also keen to understand why now is the right time for support – particularly where it might mean tackling challenges brought about by Covid-19.
And finally, we will look at what outcomes or change is sought by the business. We will be looking for applications where it’s clear that the 3 hours of one-to-one support, coupled with the networking events, will help make a positive difference.