What do you need?
Before starting, please note that the process will take up to 30 minutes.
We will ask you details about your business and you will have to attach:
- Statement with your reasons for applying and what you envisage to be the potential benefits and impact of membership on your business
- A copy of your most recent accounts, including a balance sheet
- A paying in slip or blank cheque
- Supporting Visual Material: up to 3 items of printed material produced by your gallery/outlet that demonstrate the quality of the work that you show.
- A completed Hitachi Registration Form - download the latest version here
- (Optional) Any supporting documents such as Terms and Conditions of Sale, a sample Artist Contract setting out your terms of business etc
To be able to apply to this programme you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Your business is located in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- You specialise in the sale of original works of art by living artists (NB: This can include contemporary art and craft in any media including painting, sculpture, photography, limited edition prints, textiles, jewellery, fashion, furniture, glass, ceramics, and multi-media works).
- You have been trading for at least 12 months.
- You can supply a copy of your most recent audited or independently inspected accounts (including a balance sheet) demonstrating that your business has a positive net worth.
- Your business operates a UK bank account capable of accepting payments by BACS and you can provide a blank cheque or paying in slip corresponding to this account.
- Your gallery, exhibition space, event programme, or website are open and accessible to the general public on a regular basis.
- You actively encourage new buyers of contemporary art and craft by providing appropriate customer service and advice when needed.
There is an application fee of £250 (inc VAT) for the Own Art scheme. This goes towards the administrative costs of assessing your application, including a ‘mystery shopper’ site assessment visit.
You will be issued an invoice via PayPal for this fee within 5 working days from the submission of your online application.
Please note that your application will not be assessed until payment has been received.
By making an application to the Programme, you are providing your personal information and accompanying documentation to Creative United. You confirm that you are authorised to provide such information and documentation to Creative United for these and consent to any personal information and accompanying documentation being processed in accordance with current legislation.
Your data will be shared in an appropriate form to ensure that both Creative United and its funders and partners are all able to meet their contracted obligations for the programme to assess your application and, if successful, to ensure that we are able to work together to deliver the programme. This does include some sensitive data to fulfil both contractual and other legal requirements. If you do not wish for your data to be shared in this way, do not apply to participate in one of our programmes.