What We Do
Creative United provides a range of financial products and services designed to enable the growth and development of the UK’s cultural and creative industries.
Creative United is an independent Community Interest Company that provides finance-based products and services designed to deliver economic growth to the arts, creative and cultural sectors.
We help the organisations that we work with to:
- understand their business model and the market/s in which they are operating
- increase their sales revenues
- broaden and diversify their customer base by reducing economic barriers to arts participation
The communities that we serve include creative businesses (including individual artists and creative practitioners), charitable and social enterprises, and other not-for-profit organisations operating within the wider arts and creative industries. Our mission is to build a sustainable and resilient creative economy, making the arts accessible for all.
Creative United makes a unique contribution to the lives and opportunities of people across the UK. We work with public funders and commercial partners to develop and deliver programmes which increase public access to and engagement with the arts and creativity. We operate in both B2B and B2C markets, with a focus on delivering a combination of strong social and economic returns across the following key areas of activity:
Supporting the sector
We provide creative businesses and cultural organisations with access to a range of commercial tools, finance options, business skills and marketing channels designed to drive up sales revenues and allow them to maximise their commercial potential.
Building audiences for the arts
We devise and deliver marketing campaigns designed to increase public engagement with and demand for the wide range of arts opportunities and experiences.
Sharing market insights and research
By marketing direct to consumer, we are able to capture valuable data on consumer attitudes and patterns of behaviour with regard to arts engagement, building an important evidence base for the societal impact of regular engagement in cultural and creative activity.
Our publicly funded programmes have included:
- Own Art - interest free loans for the purchase of contemporary art and craft to support artists and art galleries
- Take it away - interest free loans for the purchase of musical instruments
- Creative Industry Finance - business support and access to finance for creative enterprises
- ArtsCard - The UK's first employee benefits scheme to focus exclusively on arts, culture and creativity
- Prosper - designed to improve confidence and capabilities within businesses to build resilience and investment in the sector as a whole
Creative United is the trading name of Creative Sector Services CIC. Creative United has been established with support from Arts Council England, and is based at Somerset House in Central London.